Fitnessweek at Stanglwirt (ad)

Two weeks ago I got to spend a few wonderful days at the Stanglwirt Hotel in Tirol, Austria: A trip filled with fun outdoor workouts, amazing food, spa time and lots and lots of laughs ♥  I was invited by Cover PR to a fitness bootcamp under the cool motto “using nature as a gym” with a few other blogger girls.

Studioworkout_02_037.jpg

I was so happy when I heard that this event is taking place at the Green Spa Resort Stanglwirt in Tirol, not only because I fell in love with that area on many skiing vacations when I was younger but also because this hotel is such a unique place based on family, tradition, sustainability and quality, showing that green tourism is not only possible but definitely the way to go. The family Hauser has always placed importance on responsibly handling the environment and our resources while building up this 12000m² hotel. It’s constructed with local materials and fueled with renewable energy. They also work in partnership with the WWF to reduce their ecological footprint and got honored as “Leader of Sustainability” by the Global Wellness Summit last year. Not to forget it’s just the most quaint and cosy place – with the friendliest and most courteous staff. It’s open all year round so perfect for both summer hiking vacations or for those that love winter sports. While I was there it kind of seemed like a cute little village where everyone can find their own space and an activity they enjoy whether it be chilling by the pool, getting a spa treatment, training in the 500m² fitness garden, taking a riding class and so much more.

I especially fell in love with the gigantic spa area that has lots of different saunas and pools which is sustained only by using a heat pump system with the mountain spring water – how cool is that?

Since going vegan but especially during the last months I have been educating myself intensely on sustainability and environmentalism, overthinking many aspects of our system but especially my own ways and choices – and finally making changes in different areas of my daily life. Therefor I am really happy to find companies and in this case hotels that treat our beautiful planet with respect and find new ways of doing things. Tourism plays a really important role in Austria and it’s amazing that the Stanglwirt shows that it is possible to offer such a high standard of hotel business in a greener way and thereby not only sets an example in eco-tourism but also hopefully inspires many guests in a positive way.

When I arrived on Monday we were welcomed so warmly at Stanglwirt that I couldn’t help but instantly feel at home. In my beautiful room waited a snack or “Brettljause” as you would say in Austria and a big bottle of kombucha – as if they know me 🙂 The bed you guys was a DREAM and from my balcony I had a wonderful view on the mountains.

In the afternoon we had the first workout with our trainer Svjetlana who is not only a super fit badass but seriously the biggest sweetheart. We had a light studio sessions to prepare our bodies for the coming days, consisting of bodyweight and band exercises. Afterwards I took the spare time to explore the spa area and wind down in the sauna. From all the options I chose the 95°C sauna and a salt grotto followed by diving into the ice bath.

In the evening we got together for a lovely 8 (!) course dinner and were joined by Anna, daughter of Balthasar Hauser who built the hotel as it is today and Ramona from the marketing team. It was so lovely to hear all the stories about the family Hauser and the history of Stanglwirt. You can just tell that everything at this place is done with authenticity and genuine care. And the food tasted amazing – we could choose between an omnivore, vegetarian and vegan menu.

Talking about food: The breakfast buffet was a dream! Filled with everything you could wish for and again there were so many vegan options: lots and lots of fruit, all kinds of seeds, nuts and dried fruit and even coconut yogurt. I never struggle to find plantbased meals when traveling but the range of delicious options at Stanglwirt was next level.

Tuesday after breakfast we had our first cardio session: boxing! It was my first time ever and guys: I’m hooked. Björn, who is a personal trainer and boxing coach at Stanglwirt, lead us through a nice warm up, taught us some basics and then we finished off with an interval circuit at the end. When I’m doing better I definitely want to get into boxing or kick boxing – I had soo much fun! It’s not just an amazing full body workout that engages muscles all over your body but also a great outlet for emotions and stress.

After a quick shower and fruit snack I headed to the pool with Linda to soak up some sunshine. We were blessed with a clear blue sky and over 25 degrees and I could feel how my batteries recharged.

Later in the afternoon we had our second workout: We trained with Svjetlana on a meadow at the foot of the majestic mountain “Wilder Kaiser”. You guys know that I love working out in nature and that view made me so happy. We did some functional training consisting of lunges, squats, kicks, planks and co.

Studioworkout_02_006.jpg

At dinner time we were joined by two girls from Triumph, which was our main sponsor for the week and we all had a wonderful 4 course menu together – all vegan! Avocado entree, a white bean coconut soup with truffles, filled kohlrabi and couscous or smoked tofu on spinach and tomatoes and for dessert a chocolate strawberry concoction. Again: I was so impressed by all the plantbased options at Stanglwirt and you could definitely taste the quality of not just the produce but culinary art of their chefs.

00_Stanglwirt_064

On Wednesday I got up super early to catch the sunrise. Max, our photographer, and I met at the beautiful pool area to take some shots there. Practicing yoga while the sun is rising and seeing the peaks of the mountains slowly lighting up in front of us was definitely one of the highlights of this trip.

01_Jil_Yoga_005_WEB.jpg

Overflowing with gratitude I headed to breakfast with Max and I had lots of mango, apricots and berries to fuel my body for the day.

Our first workout was a cardio circuit. Svetlana showed me some great low intensity alternatives to the jump squats, burpees and high knees so I could do the full circuit without raising my heart rate too much. She has experience with adrenal fatigue as well so she knew exactly what I’m dealing with. I’m so grateful for her tips and guidance – not to forget all the amazing conversations we had…

A wonderful addition to our workouts was the Polar A370 we received to test that week. It’s my first fitness tracker and especially right now it is so useful for me because it measures my pulse 24/7 so I can monitor the intensity of a workout more precisely and make sure I don’t go too hard which could worsen my health state. But also in general it’s so important to exercise at the right intensity and differentiate between short interval sessions and longer trainings to build endurance at a lower heart rate (“zone 2”!). I used to think that in order to get faster I have to train fast – but far from. Building a solid base with low intensity training is highly important and helps massively with improving your performance and fitness.

05_Jil_027.jpg

I can’t wait to be back at full strength so I can get more serious about my training again. I still dream of running a marathon one day… With the tracker I will be able to set up a training program and analyse my progress.
The A370 also counts my steps which I have been quite obsessed with lately haha. I love trying to get at least 10000 steps a day – do you have a step goal as well? Another great function is the Polar Sleep Plus which gives feedback on the duration and quality of my sleep and you could even set it up to send you app notifications.

You can find more information on the Polar A370 here (German) and here (English).

In the afternoon we went up the mountain for a beautiful hike with the whole team. We walked to the alp “Stanglalm” where we had a picnic and enjoyed a few precious hours in the sunshine together. The peaceful silence up there and the incredible view from the mountain were filling my heart. It also threw me back to my childhood years when I went hiking with my family… There is something so magical about spending time in the mountains.

My Thursday was all about regenerating. We started with a 7am calm yoga class that instantly helped my sore muscles. After another great breakfast I got treated with a wonderful Thai massage, that was honestly one of the best massages I ever had, even compared to the ones I enjoyed in Thailand.

Later I headed out for a slow recovery jog around the village. I skipped the cardio session in the afternoon and instead had a therapy session with the psychologist at Stanglwirt. Yes – they have their own psychologist there and we had such a good conversation about my burn out / adrenal fatigue, being hypersensitive and the pros and cons of social media…

Our last evening was simply amazing and made goodbye tough on Friday morning. We had so much fun together and I swear if I didn’t already have a sore belly I would have after laughing so much!! 🙂

00_Stanglwirt_048

Much thanks again to the whole crew, to the Cover PR girls for organizing this wonderful week and especially to Stanglwirt for having us. I will most definitely come back soon ♥︎

In collaboration with Stanglwirt, Polar & Amazon. || Pictures by Maximilian Baier

207 thoughts on “Fitnessweek at Stanglwirt (ad)

• Julchen says:

Liebste Jil,
      Ich liebe, liebe, liebe deine Blogeinträge!!! Du bist eine der wenigen Blogger die ich tatsächlich bewusst verfolge, weil deine Videos, aber vor allem deine Texte einfach authentisch sind. Deine positive Einstellung gegenüber Körper und Ernährung ist auf eine ganze wunderbare Art ansteckend. Wenn du Kooperationen machst, dann auch wirklich nur wenn du dahinter stehst und sie zu dir passen und nicht weil sie nur profitabel sind.
      Dieses Fitness-Camp hört sich so toll an!!! Genau so etwas haben meine beste Freundin und ich gesucht und hoffentlich werden wir es kommendes Frühjahr in Angriff nehmen.
      Ich habe letzte Woche im fitnessstudio ein Mädchen kennengelernt die eine solche Uhr hat und sie war total begeistert. Würde mich sooooooo darüber freuen!!!
      Fühl dich unbekannterweise geknuddelt ❤️

1. Goggala says:

Wow da hast du ja wirklich viel erlebt! Ich würde auch total gerne mal meine Workouts und meinen allgemeine Lebensweise tracken und so hoffentlich verbessern. Viele Grüße an dich 😊

2. vanessar8935 says:

sieht des da geil aus 🤤🤤 vielleicht komm ich da auch Mal irgendwie hin, des ganze Obst, die Location 😰 lieeebs. Danke fürs teilen Jil, und ja ich hätte auch gerne so nen schicken Tracker 😋😋😋

3. HannahQ says:

Das klingt nach einem tollen Aufenthalt. Eine wunderbare Gelegenheit, seinen Körper durch den Tracker noch besser kennenzulernen. Nachdem ich den Blogeintrag gelesen habe, möchte ich am Liebsten auch so eine Fitnessweek buchen 🙂

4. Vanessa says:

Das klingt nach einer unfassbar schönen Zeit. Ich kann momentan leider auch nicht richtig trainieren, dank einem Bänderriss. Ich hoffe aber, dass der schnell abheilt weil ich es liebe neue Sachen zu testen und aktiv zu sein. Mein nächstes Projekt wird auch Boxen, weil sich das einfach total spannend anhört und eine ganz neue Kombination aus Kraft und Ausdauer ist. 🙂

• Jil says:

Hey liebe Vanessa, ich hoffe, dass es dir bald besser geht und du wieder Sport machen kannst! Und das Boxen hat wirklich so viel Spaß gemacht! Lass mich wissen wies dir gefällt! x

5. quitmaster says:

Schön geschriebener Blogeintrag! Danke dass du mm deine Erfahrungen mit uns teilst! Ich würde mich riesig freuen wenn ich die Polar-Uhr gewinnen würde. Das wäre eine tolle Möglichkeit mein Fitnesstraining zu ergänzen.

6. Laura Freund says:

Ich liebe deine Einträge, das ist einfach Inspiration pur 😍 Ich überlege auch schon lange mir eine Fitness Uhr zu kaufen, wäre so toll, wenn ich die Uhr gewinnen kann. Mach weiter so, du kannst stolz auf dich sein!

7. Christine says:

Wow deine Bilder machen einen echt neidisch 😍 Würde mir die Uhr wünsch um endlich meine Ziele zu erreichen, weil ich mich im Moment nicht motivieren kann !

Liebe Grüße

8. Marna Jil says:

Liebe Jil (schöner Name übrigens, man trifft wirklich nur selten eine andere “Jil” 😄),
    ein richtiger schöner Blogpost von dir. Vielen Dank für die vielen tollen Eindrücke – sehr inspirierend! Ich hätte ehrlich gesagt gar nicht gedacht, dass Tirol so viel zu bieten hat. Scheint aber auf jeden Fall eine Reise wert zu sein. Vielleicht ja direkt mit dem Fitnesstracker zum ausprobieren 😄 Ich wünsche dir noch eine tolle Zeit in LA 🤗💕

• Jil says:

Ohh hey Jil!! 🙂 Ich freu mich auch immer so, wenn ich eine Jil treffe haha 🙂 Es war wirklich so eine schöne Zeit in Tirol. Liebe Grüße!! x

9. Antonia says:

Toller Beitrag, wunderschöne Bilder! Da würde ich auch sehr gern mal Urlaub machen. 😍 Würde mich auch sehr über die Polar A 370 Uhr freuen, darf nämlich erst seit 4 Wochen wieder Sport machen.💪🏼

10. Beate says:

Ich habe mit Freude deine Woche im Stanglwirt mitverfolgt und richtig Lust und Neugierde bekommen selbst so etwas dort zu machen, falls es möglich ist. Bitte mach weiter so, denn du bist eine große Motivation für mich und viele andere da draußen ❤️💪🏻

11. Sophia says:

Liebe Jil!

Vielen Dank für den ausführlichen Bericht! Schon vor vielen Jahren hat ein Freund immer vom Stanglwirt geschwärmt aber ich war mir nicht bewusst, dass dort Nachhaltigkeit eine so große Rolle spielt und sie veganer Ernährung so offen gegenüber so offen sind! Richtig toll 🤗
    Liebe Grüße, Sophia 💚

12. Julia Kreutzer says:

Wohne in Salzburg, da würde es Dir bestimmt auch sehr gut gefallen.
    Die Uhr würde meine Wanderungen im Salzburg und im Berchtesgadener-Land perfekt ergänzen. 😊

13. Lea says:

Toller Beitrag liebe Jil! 🙂
    Ich verfolge deine Beiträge hauptsächlich über Instagram, aber an so einem entspannten Sonntag mit mehr Zeit zum Lesen, schaue ich auch immer wieder gerne auf deinem Blog vorbei! 🙂
    Ich würde mich natürlich auch sehr über den Tracker freuen 😉
    Viele Grüße
    Lea

14. themindblow says:

Liebste Jil, ich liebe es Deine Beiträge zu lesen! Ich verfolge Dich schon seit Tag 1 deiner ganzen großen Reise 💓 Du inspirierst mich jedes mal aufs neue – Danke ☺

15. Kristin says:

Liebe Jil, du inspirierst mich soo sehr. Ich lieeebe deine Bilder und Texte, und finde dich als Menschen auch extrem sympathisch, schön und besonders. Über den Tracker würde ich mich mega freuen, da ich durch ihn auch meinen Körper besser kennenlernen könnte und will insgesamt aktiver werden. 🙂 Hab noch eine tolle Zeit in Amerika! xoxo Kristin ❤

16. Maiken Neppert says:

Wow! Ich bin richtig begeistert!
    Ich selber liebe es in der Natur Sport zu treiben und was gibt es besseres, das mit einer Gruppe zu teilen. Schließlich kann man sich so gegenseitig motivieren und die schönen Aussichten zusammen genießen😊
    Ich habe schon viel herumgeschaut, welche Fitnessuhr für mich das richtige sei, da ich auch viel wandern gehe. Durch deinen Blog hat sich herausgestellt, dass sich die Polar A370 wirklich bestens eignet! So macht doch Sport gleich viel mehr Spaß!
    Ich liebe es, verschiedene Sportarten auszuprobieren und zu testen und deswegen wäre es toll, mit der Fitnessuhr immer über meinen Körper und meine Leistung Bescheid zu wissen.
    Ich bin wirklich ein unglaublicher Fan von dir. ich hole mir immer wieder gerne Inspirationen von dir, egal ob es um Ernährung, Fitness, Fashion oder Lifestyle geht.

17. lulucomesaround says:

Das klingt unheimlich schön! So eine Woche in der Natur und mit den richtigen Menschen um einen herum kann so viel in einem selber auslösen und wecken… wunderschön! Ich hoffe du kannst dir für dich selber und deinen Geist ganz viel mitnehmen!!! Ganz liebe Grüße an dich!!!

18. roadtoliza says:

Ich hatte das Hotel schon länger im Auge und jetzt, nach deinem Blogbeitrag, ist es mein größter Wunsch dort Urlaub zu machen, bei diesen tollen Buffets, Menüs und Angeboten an sportlichen Aktivitäten -echt toll !!! 🙂 eine Polar Uhr ist natürlich der perfekte Begleiter für eine gesunde Ernährung und einen gesunden Lebenstil mit genpgend Bewegung. Daher würde auch ich mich total über eine freuen! Bleib so wie du bist und viel Energie für die Zukunft ! 🙂

19. Ekaterini Papadellis says:

Sieht so aus also ob es dir wirklich super schön gefallen hat. Ich finde die Anlage und die Landschaft super schön. Da kann man wirklich total gut abschalten und vom Alltag und dem ganzen Stress runterfahren.. das ist wirklich genau das was du jetzt brauchen würdest, obwohl das Sportprogramm straff war. Liebe Grüße aus Bayern 😉

20. Touchofjoy says:

Was für ein schöner Blogeintrag und er wirkt so authentisch und ehrlich! Vielen Dank, dass du die schönen Erlebnisse und Kooperationen mit uns teilst. ❤ (du hast gerade ein Mitglied für die Notification-Squad gewonnen 😁) und das Hotel werde ich mir auf jeden Fall merken! Bin schon länger auf der Schuhe nach einem “bewussteren” Hotel.
    Natürlich würde ich mich freuen, die Polar Uhr ausprobieren zu können und mehr über meinen Körper zu lernen. Genieß die Zeit in den USA!